Just another WordPress site

For Jay Leno, the “Most Disturbing” Part of Will Smith’s Oscars Slap Incident Was the “Yelling of Obscenities,” He Said!

0

On The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, the host discussed the incident at last month’s Academy Awards, in which Will Smith slapped Chris Rock on stage after the comic made a G.I. Jane joke about the appearance of Smith’s wife, Jada Pinkett Smith, who is known to suffer from alopecia.

The 71-year-old comedian and former Tonight Show host described Smith as a “nice guy” while describing what he found to be the most distressing aspect of the entire incident.

“To me, the most troubling thing was not the slap, because he was kind of smirking after he hit [Rock],” Leno said in an interview with the Palm Beach on Friday, ahead of his standup concert at the Kravis Center in West Palm Beach, which takes place this weekend.

“It was the chanting of obscenities that did it. Then you think to yourself, ‘Wait a minute. ‘What exactly is going on here?’ “This is a genuine fit of rage.”

He also talked about the fallout from the slap, which has included the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, which launched an official investigation into the incident after expressing its disappointment and outrage.

For Jay Leno, the "Most Disturbing

The investigation is expected to take weeks, according to sources familiar with the situation.

Speaking with the publication, Leno asked the following question: “What are you looking into?” “It had to be the most well-documented assault in history,” he continued.

I caught a glimpse of the back of his shoe and Chris’ ear. There were a plethora of cameras covering this occurrence. What exactly are you looking into? I’m well aware that things are not always what they appear to be.”

Despite Smith’s apology to Academy members and his fellow nominees during his Oscars best actor win for King Richard, as well as a subsequent social media statement addressed directly to Rock, he announced his resignation from the Academy on April 1.

More Topics:

In a letter to the organization, Smith referred to his “shocking, painful, and inexcusable” actions.

A short time later, the Academy’s board of governors announced that Smith would be barred from attending the Academy Awards or any other Academy-sponsored events for the next ten years.

He will be permitted to keep the Academy Award he received for his performance in King Richard and will continue to be eligible for nominations and awards in the future.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.