Department of State: Trump, Pence’s White House Gift Records Are Missing!
Due to missing data from the White House, the State Department says it is unable to compile a complete and accurate accounting of presents given to former President Donald Trump and other US officials by foreign governments during Trump’s final year in office.
According to the government, the Executive Office of the President did not submit information about gifts received by Trump and his family from foreign leaders in 2020, according to a report to be published in the Federal Register next week.
It also claims that the General Services Administration failed to report gifts delivered that year to former Vice President Mike Pence and White House staffers.
The State Department claimed it went to the National Archives and Materials Administration and the General Services Administration for the missing information, but was advised that “possibly relevant records” aren’t available due to access limitations on retired records.
The scenario was mentioned in footnotes to a limited list of gifts received by US officials in 2020, according to the State Department’s Office of Protocol. To avoid potential conflicts of interest,
the office releases such lists every year. On Friday, a sneak peek at the 2020 report was posted on the Federal Register website, ahead of its formal release on Monday.
The lack of gift data could be due to internal oversights, according to the study, because the protocol office failed to “send the request for data to all reporting agencies before January 20, 2021,” when the Trump administration finished and the Biden administration began.
Between Jan. 20, 2017, when Trump took office and his departure from the White House four years later, there was a “lack of proper recordkeeping relative to diplomatic presents,” according to the report.
The State Department letter comes as House members investigate accusations that Trump took boxes of secret papers to his Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida after leaving office last year. The National Archives and Records Administration has requested an investigation by the Justice Department.
According to two persons involved with the investigation, the House panel examining the Capitol insurgency on Jan. 6 discovered an almost 8-hour gap in official White House records of Trump’s phone calls as the violence developed and his supporters invaded the building.
- Donald Trump’s Request to Withdraw From the Action Against Hillary Clinton Was Rejected by the Judge!
- Politics 2022 Stimulus Checks: Will Your State Disburse Money This Year?
- At a Rally in Michigan, Donald Trump Makes Fun of the Name “Peter Meijer.”
Regarding the 2020 gifts, the State Department said it had “made attempts to collect the required data from current authoritative sources… but it has confirmed that potentially relevant records are not available to the State Department’s Office of the Chief of Protocol under applicable access rules for retired records of the Executive Office of the President and the Office of the Vice President under applicable access rules for retired records of the Executive Office of the President and the Office of the Vice President under applicable access rules for retired records of the Executive Office of the President and the Office of the Vice President under applicable
“As a result,” it wrote, “the data required to completely build a complete listing for 2020 is unavailable.”
The restricted 2020 report includes gift records for Trump administration officials such as former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, former Defense Secretary Mark Esper, and former CIA Director Gina Haspel, as well as records for other senior diplomats, Pentagon, and CIA employees.