According to a Report, Tyra Banks Is Set to Be Fired From Dancing With the Stars!
According to a source who spoke to The Sun on Wednesday, Tyra Banks will not be returning as host of Dancing With the Stars. Banks’ two-season tenure has been tainted by controversy, as outspoken fans have never taken to her as a substitute for Tom Bergeron and Erin Andrews, who were both fired.
Her departure comes at a time when the show’s broadcast network is changing to Disney+ for Season 31. Disney+ has not yet announced who will host the first season of the streaming service’s inaugural season.
Even though there has been no formal announcement on who would host next season, a source told The Sun that Tyra won’t be returning this time around.
According to the source, this “would be a choice made by the network, not her decision.” Afterward, the insider claimed that Banks “simply didn’t fit in” at DWTS.
“I wouldn’t say it was Tyra’s fault that the show was canceled by the network,” the source stated of the cancellation. “Even though that didn’t help, she came in and completed the task she had been hired to accomplish.
The trouble was that she simply did not fit in. This woman didn’t mesh well with the producers, and she didn’t mesh well with the public, and it was evident.”
Additionally, a series insider labeled the Season 30 production as a “mess” with “no clear direction” for the season. Ultimately, the insider stated, the “combination of behind-the-scenes instability and historically poor viewership proved to be the final nail in the coffin.”
“ABC didn’t think it was worth the investment any longer, but they didn’t want to abandon the project altogether.”
For the first time in the show’s history, Disney and ABC announced intentions to transfer Dancing with the Stars from its Monday 8 p.m. ET time slot. Instead, it will be broadcast live on Disney+, making it the first live reality series in the United States to be broadcast on a streaming platform.
“Due to the show’s broad appeal, as well as the overwhelming popularity of its Disney-themed competition nights, Disney+ is the ideal home for Dancing With the Stars,
allowing us to continue to expand our demographic reach,” Kareem Daniel, chairman of Disney Media and Entertainment Distribution, said in a statement.
“Dancing With the Stars” will premiere on Disney+ on January 26. Seasons 31 and 32 of Dancing with the Stars were renewed as part of the transition.
- Gottfried, a Legendary Comedian, Died at the Age of 67 After a Long Battle With Illness!
- Judges Leave ‘masked Singer’ When Rudy Giuliani Shows| Complete Info!
- Prince Harry Regrets Not Returning to the Uk After Seeing ‘frail’ Queen Elizabeth and ‘crying’ Princess Beatrice on Tv? Markle Slams Sussex Couple Again!
However, even though Season 30 received low ratings, the NFL played a role in the decision to shift the show to streaming services. In 2022, according to Deadline, ESPN’s Monday Night Football contract will include an additional game for the broadcast network ABC.
Disney+’s decision to move DWTS to Monday nights will open up the 8 p.m. time slot for MNF. For the first time in 16 years, ABC will not have a season of Dancing with the Stars on its schedule in the fall of 2022.
Bergeron was the host of the first season of DWTS, which premiered in 2005. Throughout his tenure, he was teamed with co-hosts, starting with Lisa Canning in Season 1 and continuing until Season 10.
Bergeron was joined on stage by Samantha Harris, Brooke Burke-Charvet, and Andrews, who all played co-hosts. It was decided that Banks would not be paired with a co-host for Season 29 when she was hired by the producers.
Bergeron’s most fervent supporters continued to rail at Banks during her two seasons with the team, pounced on every misstep she made in the process.
Her most notable blunder occurred in October 2020, when she announced the incorrect couples as being in the bottom two places. The cast and crew of the program rallied to her defense, and she was subsequently asked back for Season 30.